FHA Loan Benefits
With options for low down payments and a more relaxed lending standard, FHA loans can be a great substitute for Conventional financing. They also provide an important option for borrowers wanting more options to consider as they choose their loan financing.
- Loan Down Payments: With FHA loans you’re not required to show up at the closing table with a big down payment. With as little as 3.5% down payment, you can purchase a new home.
- Higher Loan Amounts: Depending on your area, some FHA loan maximums can exceed even Conventional loan limits.
- Lower Total Cash To Close: When you use an FHA loan you can have sellers contribute to closing costs or you can even receive gift money that can be used towards your down payment.
- Streamlined and Cash Out Refinancing: Once you’ve closed your initial FHA loan, subsequent refinancing can be far easier (and more lenient) that trying to refinance with Conventional loans.
FHA 203(k) Loans
FHA 203(K) Loan Benefits
A popular program that FHA offers is their 203(k) – a loan that lets you turn that fixer-upper property into the home you’ve always dreamed of. The FHA 203(k) loan is for FHA-qualified borrowers which allows for the purchase of the home and the costs of repairing (or rehabbing) the home to be combined. With a 203(k) you have the flexibility to take advantage of the market by purchasing an affordable home that needs some fixing-up, close on it and begin repairs after closing. The FHA Streamline 203(k) product is best when there are limited repairs needed and the FHA Full 203(k) loan allows for larger rehabilitation needs. These 203(k) loans are great for your existing home and can be used as a refinance as well.
- Available to borrowers who will occupy the property
- Qualify with as little as a 3.5% down payment
- Close on the property “as-is” (before any improvements have been made)
- Repair costs are included in the loan amount and may add value to the property
VA LOAN benefits
Veteran’s Administration or “VA” loans are available for active, non-active and retired Army, Air Force, Marine, Navy, National Guard, and Coast Guard vets who meet the established service requirements. This means that there are more than 25.5 million veterans and service personnel that are eligible for VA financing! To determine your ability to participate in this program, just provide you Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or your Discharge/Separation form (DD214). If you do not have your COE, you can request one using form 26-1880.
- 100% financing/no down payment option available
- No monthly mortgage insurance (PMI)
- Gift funds are acceptable for closing costs
- No cash reserve requirements
- A variety of terms or loan types available
- Available for purchase and refinance
- Reduced costs for disabled veterans
- Seller can pay for closing costs
- Seller pays for any required repairs
- No pre-payment penalty
Cherry Creek Mortgage Co., Inc. NMLS #3001. An equal housing opportunity lender. NMLS #493951. All Rights Reserved. Some loan products may not be available in all states. Terms, rates, and fees subject to change. Please speak with one of our loan originators for more detail.
- Loan Services
- About Vickie
- Our Team
- Our Process
- How to Communicate
- First Time Homebuyers
- Mortgage Calculator
- Home Refinance
- Home Purchase